Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today's Tour

Well today I had set up a tour of the Ballet. So we were there at 11:00 a little early to welcome the people who signed up for the tour and collect money. Well by 11:15 no one was there. So I called a friend who was supposed to be there and asked if she was on the way. She told me the tour was scheduled for 1:00. So feeling like a confused dufe, I went home to wait for 1:00. Well at 1:00 I was back at the Ballet to welcome the people for the tour. My friend showed up with her child, and no one else came. Then the lady who I set the tour up through came to me and told me the tour was supposed to be 11:15. I told her what had happened and that I just assumed the mistake had been mine and had left. Well turns out that NO ONE else had shown up at 11:15 for the tour either. And it was my friend who was confused. That is what I get for second guessing myself! What happened to the people who RSVP'd?? I have no idea.

So we were invited to watch about 35 minutes of the rehearsal. It was real neat. The ballet we were watching was Dracula. The choreographer was actually making the ballet up as he went along. So we got to see them working the moves out as they were setting them up. We got to see the three main dancers working as the understudies were working on the same thing behind them.

All in all it was a good experience. What happened to all my RSVP's? I don't know...

Then my friend C will appreciate this story. For Girl Scouts tomorrow, I went to the Dollar Store for balloons. And wouldn't you just know that the balloons were all out. I sooo didn't want to go to another store to pick up balloons. I chuckled to myself, rolled my eyes, and told myself that the universe would provide those balloons to me. (But secretly I thought to myself, "right sure, I will be heading to another store to pick them up. That is how the universe will provide them to me...") Anyway we continued shopping, and picked up a couple other things, Marley played for a while in the toy aisle. Bret asked the cashier where the balloons were, and she pointed Bret to the aisle where the balloons were all gone. Then Bret got crabby and started saying there were no balloons and she was tired. She wanted to go home. I told her I was going to check for balloons one more time. She complained that her feet hurt and fell to the ground to prove to me that her feet were hurting. I told her I would check one more time anyway. Sure enough all the balloon hooks were empty. Then I looked down at the bottom of the shelf where there was this box filled with bags of squiggly straws. I noticed one balloon sitting all by itself not in a bag, and I thought that was odd. I picked it up and found a couple more. By the time I had three I knew there was a whole bag of balloons there somewhere probably spread out, out of the bag. In all I found 29 balloons with no bag. AND so I had my balloons for Girl Scouts, Bret's legs felt better once her hands had a balloon to hold, and we all left happy.

AND THEN right before I took Bret to dance class (because remember her legs were not hurting anymore) Steve came over with a chipmunk he trapped with this rat trap at his house. The girls were excited to see the chipmunk. I asked Steve if that was his trap because I was looking for a trap for the HUGE mouse that is WAY to big for our small mouse traps. He said I would need a bigger one and he would bring his bigger one over for me next week. So again, that worked out too.

No comments: