Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time Alone






Marley and I went to the children's museum over by us on Sunday together. The girls were upset because they were staying home, but I wanted to give Marley the time to go do whatever she wanted to do without being ushered away to follow the older girls. So we were there three or four hours playing with dolls, sliding, throwing balls, experimenting, etc. We met some puppets. I think the names we made up were Mia (the bear), Sasha, and Tina the girl puppets. Marley refused the smock for water play. I insisted, so she begrudgingly put one on. But when she poured an entire bucket of water over herself, she was quick to point out that the smock didn't help keep the water off her. How can I argue with that logic? She was right, the smock was useless for her. Of course I was just thankful that she didn't climb into the water again.
But what a great time we had. We need to do more of these kinds of things together.

No comments: