Saturday, October 18, 2008

The other part of a moment

The rocks climb on my toes
The sky brushing against my forehead.
I am reminded of that eternity we talked about

Inspiration finds me here
In yester-days I might not have arrived
But you pulled me in so I could become we.

I can hear the kids in the background still
Not mine but just as well
We are climbing rocks together
Basking in the air that they don't breathe.

Was I born to be the me I am now
Standing here unsure
Knowing what I want to be
It's standing right in front of me

They pull and push
I am wore out of being another pawn
But here watching the leaves morph
The water glisten in the falling sun

I am destined to stand here staring at my future
Remembering it as if it were my past
Changing me to become HER
Is that who I want to be?

No comments: