Monday, October 6, 2008

Girl Scouts

Are you wondering what is going on with Girl Scouts this year? If so hold onto your horses. You might not believe this one. I have started two troops in our town. That was not my plan. I always considered myself so much more of a co-leader than an actual leader. I was hoping to find a couple troops to drop my girls into. It didn't pan out. I am the leader of two Brownie troops (Brenda's 3-4 grade troop and Bret's 2nd grade troop). Both troops have a great group of kids. I have a co-leader in one and an Adult Girl Scout helper in the other. One troop meets the first and third Thursday, the other meets the second and forth. Yay for the months with five Thursdays, I get a break. This month we are off to a night hike for the Halloween holiday, next month we are seeing a full body puppet show. December we are off to roller skate with other Girl Scout troops.

I am organized, too. Get a load of me! We are earning try-its, we have bank accounts, we are collecting dues, and I prepare parent letters for every meeting. We will see how organized I really am when GS cookie sales come along. He he he. Oh well, no need to look too far into the future. We are having fun for now.

No comments: