Wednesday, October 8, 2008

She sells Sea Shells


Brenda and I were talking about this tongue twister a couple days ago. And Bret chimed in. She told me she could say it five times fast easy. No problem.


"See sells see sells at the see sore. See sells see sells at the see sore...." And on my little lisping daughter went ten times as fast as she could. "See? It is easy! That's because I am always practicing talking fast."


Youth is so happy...
A friend of mine told me with all Marley's two year old energy, she might be the one I want to put in school for a while, at least kindergarten. And take the chance to squash moments like these ones? Never. And have her sit in circle time when she wants to run around? To color when she wants to paint? And work on the ABC song when she could be playing Holly Hobbies? Really? That doesn't sound a bit fun. Oh the things that Holly Hobby can teach her.
Brenda, my "Mom won't let me go to school, she says I'm not allowed" girl, made a friend yesterday and made an interesting comment. Surprising, anyway. We were all at the park and I everheard her tell this girl that she will never go to school and she will never send her kids to school either. "You learn more at home. You get to go on hikes, and be outside in the world more, and so you learn more." It could be a homeschool friend that she has been spending a bit of time with lately that is giving her a new perspective. She has a friend that despises the idea of school or anything school related. She is head strong and doesn't listen to anyone's ideas about what she should learn. 9 years old, at that.

No comments: