Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sorting Day


This took one whole day. I am very happy to say that everyone was very cooperative while I organized bag upon bag of different sized clothes and shoes. Marley spent a big portion the day trying on clothes that were too small and too big for the fun of it. And all the shoes she had to choose from!!! Woowee, what fun! I got rid of five bags of her clothes, 3T and under. And I still have a bag of boys clothes that need a good home, and a bag of misc. clothes that are in need of the Good Will. But finally everything is organized by size in its own bag, easily accessible. This mess (which got much worse before it got better) should certainly never happen again!
What else happening lately? We made some homemade playdough. It was cheaper that way. And (except that store bought PlayDough smells better) we like our homemade better. I think I will try putting vanilla in it next time to fix the smell. Otherwise, ours is softer and easier to work with. I found Marley with a bowl of it and Bret's Polly Pockets, I don't know what was happening there.
Couple book reviews here...
Marvin Wanted More! by Joseph Theobald. We rent several books from the library at a time to read. I don't know why but Marley loves this one. The sheep wants to be bigger and faster than the other sheep so he keeps eating while the other sheep have stopped, until he cannot stop. He eventally eats the whole world (even his good friend Molly) and has to stand on the moon! I will leave you in suspense. If you have a two or three year old, this might be a good book for you. Again, I don't know why she likes it, but she does.
The End of the Beginning by AVI. Now I know that lots of people love AVI. I have read books that I have liked and disliked by him in my years reading to all the kids. This one is good. It is a book about a snail named Avon that loves adventure books and decides to have an adventure of his own. He opens his front door to leave for a grand adventure when he meets a strange little ant, Edward, who soon agrees to join him. This is their grand adventure together. They meet a "dragon" cleverly disguised as a mouse and battle a snail on the same small branch going the opposite direction. Avon tries to protect a caterpiller in her home only to find out that a butterfly snuck in a gobbled her up. And much much more. Great book for those middle ages, Brenda is 9, Bret is 7. They love it. This is one worth buying. And I don't say that often.

No comments: