Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Earth Timeline

Yes it is that long piece of paper on the wall of my dining room that stretches past the corner and keeps going. I had the idea, because Brenda has a set of worksheets she is doing about dinosaurs. She isn't really entirely interested in dinosaurs but it is interesting read. She is learning about some of the dinosaurs and the eras they lived in. That got me thinking that she really doesn't have a good feel for how long ago that really was from now. This timeline has sections for every hundred million years that science says the Earth has been around. This way we can add to it for everything we study. We might need to add some side sections to blow up the timeline of more current events. There isn't much space on my huge timeline where we people have existed.

This is the first addition to the timeline. Big Bret asked me to put when God created the Earth at the very beginning. He hasn't seen the time line yet. That man just loves when I turn our formal dining room into a learning center. (don't mind my sarcasm.) Did you notice my typo??? That should say 4.6 BILLION years ago. It is fixed. Oh well, to err is supposed to be human or something like that.
It ends at today.

No comments: