Thursday, August 21, 2008

Game Day

Marley has been feeling a need to spend a lot of time with me lately and I have not produced for her. Today I have to study for my finals (which I haven't been able to do lately with our homeschool stuff starting) then go to school and take my exam and produce my final project for the professor. PLUS get the kids organized to do their daily work AND get food because we are out. First, we got up at 7:30 to eat and get our work done. That was pretty quick today. We are definitely getting back into the swing of things.


Then Marley suggested we go upstairs to the auditorium to play. That sounded good. Even Gaige came down from his room to play a few games with us. Bret painted. Marley and I played air hockey. There was connect 4 and Hangman. We haven't played Hangman in a while.



Then I got the great idea that Gaige and I could play some Scrabble. Josh and I used to do that years ago for word recognition, vocabulary building, and spelling. Gaige started out right away saying he hated the game (altough he has never actually played it.) Dad stayed to help him (and me, ha ha ha). Bret and I play Scrabble sometimes. I come close, but I have never won yet. The man never really did good in school. He is very intellegent, but he thinks outside of the box. I always did good in school because I can follow the rules, not necessarily having to do with my skills or knowledge. So puzzle games like this, he dominates every time. Anyway, now he has his homeschooling job. He will be Gaige's helper in the game. It wasn't as painful as Gaige thought it would be. Isn't that refreshing.

Anyway off to the grocery for some food with the kids. Then maybe Marley will want to get her Noggin fix while I do some studying.

No comments: