Tuesday, August 26, 2008

She Taught Me a Thing or Two...

Yep, that girl certainly is creative. This is what I walked into today. 500 or so little foam shapes spread all over the floor of the dining room. My first reaction was What the...
Marley said to me, "Look Mommy, I am having a party, wee," as she grabbed a bunch of the foam pieces into a pile with her hands and threw them up into the air like confetti. "Do you want to have a party with me?" And of course I did want to have a party with her. For about twenty minutes we threw those things in the air making more and more of a mess, the whole time I am reminding myself that the mess is easily cleaned, which it was.


We covered the girl like it was sand at the beach. In the end, it was well worth the fun we had. I am glad I brought myself to her level for a bit and had some fun with her. I forget that I can be a kid sometimes too. It is ok.

No comments: