Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My garden Salad

Today for lunch I had a garden salad. That is not uncommon. But what is uncommon are the mushrooms I put in my salad. A few years back, after years of turning my nose up to the fungi, my mom was sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and peppers in butter for an omelet she was making. I was sold. Since then I eat onions on my pizza and all kinds of other things.

So today I was surprised when the idea to try raw shrooms in my salad popped into my head. Sauteed in butter, that is one thing. But I have continually snubbed the raw mushroom thoughts with this crazy idea about how they TASTE. Anyway here I was today putting those little cut-up white and brown things in my salad. And when I ate them, they didn't barely taste like what I expected them to taste like at all. In fact, with dressing (Goddess Dressing because I am a Goddess, the same reason that little Bret uses the dressing BTW) it had the texture of cheese to me. Funny how after all these years, I am fine eating something that I have never let myself consider eating before.

I ate fungus and I liked it...

Why is this homeschooling? Well it just is. I let my body tell me something today and it was right. Go figure.

No comments: