Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Batik Fabric Art

So did I say how much I love the library? Not necessarily my own, though it does have its merits. It is very small. I also love to go to other libraries in my area and check out other selections. Sometimes you don't know that there is a book you want until you go somewhere and find it.
So anyway, Bret wants to do a time-line too, like her sister. We went to the local library again for the second time this week (Yes I know it is only Tuesday) to find a topic to do a time line on. Then she was ready to go, but not me. Did I tell you I love books and libraries? Yes I am repeating myself. I found this book, a couple really, but this book on Batik and Tie-Dye, by Susie O'Reilly. In this book is all these tie dye and batik ideas that are easily done at home and don't need experts to do. One of the ideas (the one obviously that I am using) is making all these different kinds of designs and colors and turning it into a quilt. Well how can I go wrong with a quilt?
I am having issues with the pictures. They are out of order. The first one is when the girls had already waxed their fabric and I had already dyed them. They were waiting to be dried and ironed (so to get out the wax). This picture is me helping Marley with the hot wax on her fabric.

This is my first try at a Batik design. Not much to see yet, but when they are all together with red, blue, brown, green, yellow, etc. colors, it will be so cool!!



This is Bret's btw. The coolest part of all will be that the girls dyed the fabric, made the pattern, and made the blanket themselves! I am thrilled.

No comments: