Wednesday, September 5, 2012

UGO (Pronounced YOU GO)

Brenda has a friend. She lives about four hours from our home. She also has friends in NY and NJ and Canada, Spain, NC, etc etc etc. She has a couple friends who live around us, but mostly they are a distance away. So anyway back to my point, Brenda has a friend about 4 hours away from us. She sees her twice a year. Once at UGO (sounds like YOU GO) and once at UWG (Sounds like Kalahari, lol.) They spend 4 or 5 days at UGO or UWG then they flit back to her or my house for a week or so visit. Her mom and I meet in the middle when their stay is over and deliver children back to their dwelling space.


 
It is through her friend that I know about UGO. Once a year in September there is a gathering at a local Ohio unschoolers at a campout. It is communal style, or cabin style, depending which people prefer. There is a lake to boat and swim on. Appearantly last year there was a nerf gun war that went on the whole time. Lots of activities set up by the homeschoolers who attend. Last year we went for one night, because I had to pick Brenda up from her week at her friend's house. We had plans for the weekend so we couldn't stay. But I think it was 5am when I finally woke up and told my girls they HAD to get some sleep before we headed out in the morning.

This year we will stay for the whole 3 nights, 4 days. It is somewhat like a NOT back to school get-together for my girls. They will know a bunch of people there already and meet some new ones too. Brenda is hosting a funshop for duct tape fun. Bret and I are hosting a hula hoop funshop. We leave tomorrow so we will see what comes of this trip.

Brenda's new hair color for the trip. lol. (Clairol Natural Instincts 23R. Lasts 28 shampoos.)

When we come back from this weekend... it all starts again. Monday is the first day of co op. It is also my service unit mtg for Girl Scouts. Thursday starts my Girl Scout meetings. And away we go...

No comments: