Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home Made Christmas Present Ideas

Brenda's Girl Scout troop is collecting gently used childrens books for a local reading program. We are the book hosts so by now we have 7 or 8 hunderd books in our front patio area. We have collection bins all over town. Some of the town people want to donate but they haven't read the flyer all the way through. We are getting adult books too. So in those adult books I came across someone giving us knitting and crocheting books. There was a whole book on Granny Squares. Granny square hats and sweaters, throws and blankets, etc. It totally inspired me to temporally give up my knitting needles and open my crochet bag up. It has been years. But I LOVE the Granny Square!

This was a hat and scarf set for the gift give at our Winter Solstice Drumming Circle last night.



Lisa, my knitting friend, is jealous. She doesn't know how to crochet. I guess it is time to learn. If for no other reason, just so she can have a hat too. She knits and tats. I don't know why she wouldn't crochet.

No comments: