Saturday, December 11, 2010

16 Cookies 'Til Christmas

Lace Roll-Ups

Heat oven to 375. Mix 1 c. flour, and 1. c finely chopped nuts. In medium saucepan heat 1/2 c. corn syrup, 1/2 c. shortening, and 2/3 c. packed brown sugar to boiling, over med heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually stir in flour/nut mixture. drop dough by tspful about 3"apart onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake only 8 or 9 at a time. Bake about 5 min. cool for 3 min. before removing from baking sheet. While warm carefully roll cookies into cylindrical shapes. If cookies harden before shaping, return them to the oven for just a moment. Makes about 4 doz cookies. For chocolate dipped cookies, dip one end of the lace roll-ups in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let cool.

Sooooooo... Well everything went well until it was time to remove those things from the pan. They stuck badly and I could not get any of the middles up. I had to run the pan over hot water in order to remove the middles. I filled the baking pan 5 times with my cookies and each time was the same. So maybe MY ingredients were a little off when Marley and I mixed them? But which way, I don't know. We got some good pieces out of them. They tasted great. The girls loved them. So not a total loss. But I stopped making them half way through and dumped the rest out into the sink since I could not get a good set.

Had to happen eventually. Not every recipe is a peach. lol.

No comments: