Tuesday, December 7, 2010

19 Cookies??



So we took the van in to get new tires after realizing they would not go another winter. The next morning I had to take my husband in to work, and Gaige to school. We sat down to learn about Mesopotamia... our unit study of History this week, took care of the dog, did some small minor cleaning, had lunch, and received the call. Gaige had an accident at school. He was head butted during a basketball game in gym class. His tooth went clear through his lip. (OK so the boy needs braces. It is on our very heafty list of things to afford, believe me.) I picked him up and brought him home to wait for Brittany to bring Callie (granbaby) over since this was our day. Once she arrived I sent the girls over to a friend's house because there isn't enough room for EVERYONE in my husband's SUV. Then Gaige, Callie, and I headed over to the hospital emergency room to get his stitches. 5 to be exact. By 7 oclock we were rollin out of that place, too late to get my car out of the shop. I retrieved my girls, fed everyone, and drove with Callie over to pick up my husband from work. Came home, Bret, put everyone to bed, sent Callie on her way and my day was done. Ta Da!! No cookies today. Maybe we will make two kinds tomorrow. Though I doubt it... :-)

Editor's Note: Somewhere in the end of my day I ended up at the store getting liquid protein drinks and straws so Gaige can eat while the gaping hole in his mouth (they cannot stitch the inside of his mouth) heals. And band aids. The Children's Hospital had a stock of only Snoopy band aids. I guess that was not his first choice poor guy. lol.

No comments: