Friday, December 5, 2008

Happenings

Bret had the best time at the Co op. She met a new "best friend". They all seem to be best friends for her lately. One of her teachers told her that she could be an artist and make any kinds of sculptures she wanted. So she made this tonight. Brenda said it was just a bunch of stuff piled on top of itself. I said one man's junk is another man's art. (or woman, anyway) Bret is too excited to pay any attention to Brenda's naysaying today. :-)


Brenda and I hung out at the museum center with Marley. The huge train room was set up for the holiday. Brenda did a scavanger hunt.

Really... my day went like this. We went to get Bret settled in at the co op 9:30. Then we headed over to the grocery to pick up more yogurt. (We picked up yogurt yesterday for lunch today, but Gaige ate it when we weren't looking.) After the grocery, we headed to Deanne's house to pick up the small boxes she got us for the gingerbread houses the kids are going to make at the Christmas party next week. By the time we got to the museum it was after 11. We ate first because we figured the school kids on field trips would be eating around 12 so the museum would clear out when we got down there. After lunch we played for a bit, then we connected with some unschoolers at 12:30. At 1:30 we were out the door heading back to the co op to pick up Bret by 2:00. We haven't had a day like that in a while. I have a craft I want to do with the girls. Then I am making Christmas aprons for us so we can make Christmas cookies in style! That is my excitement.

I got some yarn from the dollar store yesterday. Maybe I will start making a hat.

No comments: