Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you WANT TO make a difference...

Fight Global Warming; Go Vegan!
by david baake
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_david_ba_070513_fight_global_warming.htm
"Probably the easiest, cheapest, and most effective way to reduce your contribution to climate change is to adopt a vegan diet, or at least reduce your consumption of animal products. According to the United Nations, “raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined...”
Thinking of making a change?? Start small, if you can't go all gung ho. Since Bret and I have gone vegan, we have noticed that some things are easier for the kids than others... Change their milk... not so easy. Change from butter to Earth Balance natural buttery spread (vegan substitute), easy for everyone. Change to vegan cheese, easier for the younger kids, not so easy for the teens. Veganaise? Good for some, not so easy for others. Since I switched to Vegenaise... the smell of mayonaise makes me gag now. I am hooked on Vegenaise. I couldn't go back to mayo if I wanted to. Eggs, haven't had them in I cannot remember how long. Chicken, I have eaten that a time or two.

If you are trying to make a change in your life, remember!!! Every little bit counts. If everyone changed just a LITTLE bit it would make a big difference. Don't beat yourself up because you didn't change ENOUGH today. You are beautiful how you are. You aspire. You dream. And some day you will see that you already are...

No comments: