Thursday, December 4, 2008

Girl Scouting in December

For about two years I have been talking to Brenda about my helping her put a newsletter together for her Girl Scout troop. We tried to set it up with the other troop unsuccessfully, then I just dropped it eventually. This year, I mentioned it in passing. I guess this was the year that she was ready to start putting it together. Brenda and her friend, Emma, have decided to make a newsletter for the girls in their troop for their next meeting.

Bret's troop meeting was today. The girls have done crafty stuff for the last couple meetings and I felt that they wanted to pick things up a bit. So we worked on the Games Around the World try-it badge today. Those girls can be HIGH ENERGY. Lots of fun. It wears me out. This month both troops are going rollerskating at a Girl Scout Skate Party during Christmas break together. So far 7 of the girls in Bret's troop are going. Most likely all the girls in Brenda's troop of 8 will go also. We will be a big group. Hopefully skating will wear tire them out. :-)

No comments: