Friday, December 5, 2008

The Co op

Today little 7yo Bret wakes up early pumping with excitement for her chance to go to the magnificant co op. Last year, I sent Brenda and Gaige because that was all we could afford. And Bret cried. "You don't think I can do it. You don't think I can go there!" But really I just thought the older kids could get more out of it. But when I see the classes that I put her in, I think maybe I was wrong. She is my creative child. Loves to explore, touch, feel, dream. This is right up her alley.
Her schedule...
Children of the world...
This class is your passport to places near & far - designed to give children a hands-on experience about children of many cultures: their customs, daily life, foods, artforms, & language. Get your passport & sign-up for the adventures that await you! Cooking will be included, as we try our hand at some international food recipes.
Creative Discovery...
Students strengthen their creative and critical thinking skills in lessons presented by characters Dudley the Detective, Sybil the Scientist, Isabel the Inventor, Yolanda the Yarnspinner, Jordan the Judge, and Max the Magician. Children discover and develop parts of their brains that allow them to think like a detective, scientist, inventor, and storyteller. They learn how to make wise decisions and to exercise their visual/spatial perception. Costumes and role-playing combined with high level thinking activities make this class fabulous, important, and fun!
Imagination Station...
Fun using your imagination using different materials making/creating crafts (puppets, game characters, recycle creatures, making things out of natural objects, incorporating crafts from all over the world). It will be a crazy, fun and wild time!
And what will Brenda, Lilian and I be doing today? We have a date at the museum center with some other unschoolers. There was another cool activity today, but we are opting for free these days. The family that was going to share the rooms with me for the February gathering backed out. I will be paying more for that vacation now. Which is fine. But time to save some more money.

No comments: