Saturday, September 6, 2008

Turning 9


Brenda is turning 9. We are really low on money and I was struggling with what to do. She usually is afforded big birthdays with lots of kids. Last year she had a Noah's Ark party where all the kids got to make their own stuffed animal as their goody bag. How to make her birthday special with little money to spend?
I came up with it! I was so proud of what I thought of. So proud of myself. These kinds of ideas don't always come easy. We got her a small present that she wanted, then I sent her out with her dad for a day together. They went to see Wall-E at the dollar theaters, shopped at Toys R Us to spend her $20.00 she got from PawPaw, then they got a small snack to eat. While they were gone, little Bret and I made a tent in the family room and decorated it nice with blankets and stuffies. Then a few of her friends came over and hid in the tent. When she got home I sent her in there and they surprised her with a sleepover birthday party. Convenient, easy, and inexpensive! Bonus for me!! They played Webkinz, had a fashion show with past years' Halloween costumes that had been left out from Marley dressing up as a pirate yesterday, and did all the basic party things. It was a great time. And now they are asleep. Sigh. She will remember this one.

No comments: