Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homeschooling This Weekend

This week was one about thinking and figuring things out. We were headed to a park after a field trip to the sanitation district when Gaige asked for Wendy's food. He knew I didn't want to go there and get food for all the kids so I said no. He persisted. And again as I passed McD's. Finally I told him that I would stop at McD's for some fries on the way home from the park. I could say that I had little to no intention of actually following through with this, but it was a fleeting thought. The park was fun and when we started home I passed right by that McDonalds. Gaige noticed and complained and then said forget it. He was obviously hurt and one might say "pissed off" that I didn't follow through with what I said I would do. And his "forget it" suggests that I have done this plenty of times before and passed it off for no big deal, no doubt hurting his feelings and making him feel like I was not dependable. To make a long story short we ended at Wendys for the fries instead, and I got a good hard lesson about how often I say one thing and do another. I am thinking about that this week.

Saturday was the day to do nothing from what I can remember. Today was the Unity picnic. Josh came with a friend to see Jessie and Leah (a couple homeschooled friends of his). Marley and I are still spending tons of time together. We will continue to do that until she understands that we will always have plenty of time together. And I am trying to fit time with Brenda and Bret in there too. Bret and I had a great moment today bonding together when her new diary lock broke.

Girl Scouts begins on Thursday for Brenda. Oh THAT was Saturday. My co-leader dropped by with her daughter. The girls played and we discussed our first meeting. Next to send out notice to the second graders about a troop for Bret's age.

No pictures, but all in all a good amount of stuff getting done. I will go to the college tomorrow to drop my class.

No comments: