Monday, September 8, 2008

Holly Hobby Day


Marley and I played Holly Hobby for quite a while yesterday. I noticed that she kept switching to other activities. We are playing with the dolls then suddenly she says, "I know, let's play clay." Then we are back to the dolls after that and she says, "I know, let's play music." She gets out a drum and flute. Then we are off to something else. I mentioned this to my husband. His thought is that she is desperate for me to keep playing with her and to not stop to do something else so she keeps trying to find new things that will interest me and keep me involved. After he said that I mentioned it to a friend who added that she probably senses me tuning out for a moment and is trying to hold me attention. Today we will spend a good amount of time hanging out and I will pay more attention to exactly what is going on. I don't like that she feels like she has to work hard to get me involved. She DOES require a lot of my time and energy. I think that after cleaning up the syrup off the floor, and going out to buy new laundry detergent and shampoo because those were dumped out, and picking up all the other disasters in her wake, I mentally take that time into account when I spend time with her. We will work this one out.

No comments: