Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Day of the Slide

As you know I have been sensing a discontent in Marley, and have been reevaluating how we spend our time together. I decided to involve her more in MY life, rather than trying to find time at her beck and call to do what she is begging me to do. I am asking her if she wants to go help me with the laundry, does she want to go upstairs with me to put the books away, does she want to go to the store with me. Even when Gaige offered to keep her today, I asked her if she wanted to go with me anyway. I am realizing that she is feeling like her time with me is scarce. There isn't enough and so she needs to keep me busy doing things that she wants. I am trying to provide more time with her so she sees we are unlimited in our time. Josh brought two tables down from the auditorium this weekend so we could use them as a tent for Brenda's sleep-over. The girls bent one leg down today to turn one of the tables into a slide. Here are Marley and me rolling a Christmas cookie tin up and down the slide to eachother.
Brenda and Bret later in the day spent a couple hours sliding down this slide of theirs. They were experimenting with all kinds of sliding tricks. Head first with a flip at the end, singing songs and dancing on their way down, and all kinds of things.

Marley was happy to just be part of the fun with the girls. I enjoyed sitting on the stairs and watching them have fun. Marley kept trying to get me to slide with her. I am afraid that I am too big and heavy for that game.

No comments: