Thursday, September 11, 2008

Go Fish (aka Pink Unicorns)


Bret and I chuckle now about how she decided one time that Gold Fish was not the name she wanted to call the card game. She switched the name to Pink Unicorns. She now knows that the game is actually not Gold Fish but Go Fish. So sometimes we call it Pink Unicorns in jest when we play together.


But Anyway that is not why I am posting. My girls woke up this morning, got breakfast, and sat down at the dining room table to play cards. Not turn on the tv to start their cartoon day, play cards. That's all. It was just unusual.


Yesterday Bret, Lily, and I made a crazy maze in the living room out of weaving yarn in and out of our furniture. Marley and I spent a lot of time playing with the Holly Hobbies. I have finally given in to her love for those dolls. They are my special dolls that are put up for display only, with the tea set and all the other Holly Hobbie stuff. But truely, she loves them and plays with them soo good, I don't want to tell her no.


At the end of the day... I talked Big Bret into going to the park with us for an hour. Lily loves to have park time with him. And Bret got in contact with a bunch of her friends there too. It was a good thing. We went home and crashed.


New book from the library that Mr. C gave me for Brenda's age... Boots and Pieces. I started reading it to Brenda and Bret last night. I think it might be too mature of reading for Bret. Maybe even Brenda but we are not for sure yet. We will read on and see. More updates on that. Gaige has picked up a couple more Margaret Haddix Patterson books. Those are still his favorites. We are glad to see there are some new ones he hasn't read yet. In fact he has been choosing to read lately.
Today we are putting the slide away. It has run its course. And I don't want to break the table from extra pressure on the legs. Awwww! It has been a lot of fun to do.


No comments: