Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ready for the big day



So I am sewing all the vests, sashes, new patches, badges, etc. Getting the girls all ready for the bridging ceremony in a week and a half. Why don't the parents sew on their own girl scouts badges? Yea, well I tried that last year. The girls came to meetings with their badges stapled on, in all kinds of random forms, all out of order, and mostly their sashes didn't even show up with them.

So this year I changed the plan. I sew all patches and badges. I collect all sashes and vests. This way whenever I want them to be wearing their garb, I have it all ready for them, neatly sewn and ironed.

Maybe I am anal retentive. A little bit. I suppose I am living vicariously through my children. Reliving the Girl Scout experiences I never had. haha.

Bret is giddy with excitement about bridging. Just a few more days available for sewing. And I am almost done. Then summer camp, and I get a break. (Yes, after Troop Adventure Camp, the girls are off to camp for the first time WITHOUT ME!!) What will Lily and I do... Hmm.

No comments: