Thursday, May 27, 2010

Filling Up

Brittany, wanting to start eating healthier, picked up a book that a friend loaned to me called Vegan with a Vengeance. She flipped through recipes telling me how good some of them looked. That got me on a cooking spree again.




So far my Tempeh Bacon was tasty! Except it called for fresh garlic. I know better than to cook with fresh garlic. It doesn't agree with me. I should have switched to powder. That and it looks more like sausage, doesn't it??



And my Asparagus and "Not So" Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata was fabulous. (It is "not so" Sun-dried tomatoes because I couldn't find sun-dried tomatoes and opted for cherry tomatoes as a replacement.) Yum yum.

The kids had chicken rice stir-fry that Josh and Brittany cooked up for everyone else. I didn't even miss it. :-)

No comments: