Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bret Made Me Kabobs! :-)



As you probably know, I seldom eat meat or meat products. I switched my eating habits a few years ago when I told a vegan person I met that it is too expensive to buy all those vegan products to replace the animal products we eat in the home. He outlined for me how I could just eliminate the meat and meat products and continue eating everything else I eat and still be healthy. I had never heard it put that way or thought of it like that. Suddenly I had a new way of looking at things.

Well as you probably know, I cook for 8 in my house and so my food is often sitting next to plates of meat and cheese and milk based dressings, etc. It was sweet the other day when Bret made Kababs and came up with a whole plate filled with vegetable kabobs. Everyone else got deer kabobs from his kill this last fall.

No comments: