Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day at Unity




Usually, I work in the Nursery at church every other Sunday, then I attend Service every other Sunday. That way I am still getting my inspiration, and volunteering as well. Well when I volunteer in the nursery, all the girls go to their Sunday School classes and meet me back in the nursery when church is over. But when I attend Service, Brenda prefers to sit with me. She likes to sing the songs best of all, she says. I do too. So last week I was in the nursery, and the Sunday School kids practiced a song they would sing during the end of service on Mother's Day. So today on Mother's Day, Brenda was torn between attending service with me, or going to her class to prepare to sing the song. In the end she did a little of both. She came to service with me, but kept a sharp eye on the time. When she thought it was time for the kids to arrive, she headed out of the church to find her group and entered the service with the kids ready to sing.

Always at the end, the kids file in to sing Peace On Earth with the adults before church ends. So Brenda got the best of both worlds. That is using her brain.

No comments: