Thursday, June 19, 2008

Time to get busy


A friend of mine of mine helped me realize something real important the other week. That although I am losing my oldest child to the outside world, he is heading to lose something too, his childhood. That boy is almost to adulthood. That encouraged me to do something totally off the wall for our family. I let him go. I sent him off to enjoy the rest of his summer with a big smile on his face. He has shown up several times to check in, eat our food, practice his music with his friends. But I don't know that he has slept a day at home since. He is just floating around having a good time with his friends. He checks in and that is all I asked of him. This whole time I have been trying to pull him back, while he was trying to be free. Free he is now, at least for the summer.

No comments: