Thursday, June 19, 2008

As For the Rest of Us




Our days are no less busy for being summer, AGAIN. Yesterday, for example, it was swim team practice to craft day at the park to a different park for a homeschool park day with friends then back home and to the pool to wear those buggers out even more. Finally it was dinner and put the kids to bed so I could do my online CPR training for Girl Scouts camp. THAT was a nightmare and took me all the way until midnight to complete. That is what I get for doing last minute.
I think today I will just hang out at home until the swim meet tonight. Actually I have a friend whose children are swimming against mine tonight. That means... it is time for us to get in our adult time!
Here is what I have going on as I type. Marley has removed the base/amp cord from the my husband's amp (not a cord that plugs into the wall, one that plugs into his bass). She put it up to her mouth to sing and said, "mommy see? this is loud!" I told her what would dad think if she was using that? She said, "No mom, no mom, this is a macronu. I said, it is a microphone? with raised eyebrows. she said yes. Then she put it back up to her mouth and began singing her Hannah Montana song, "You Got de Best of bof words..." Now Bret is in the kitchen blowing bubbles. Marley is side tracked to catch bubbles.

The drumming circle is this Friday. A muchly needed break, I assure you.

No comments: