Friday, June 27, 2008

Sanding in the Nude


I don't know why Marls likes to play with sand in the nude. Maybe it is the way the sand feels on her skin. When I told her that I would bring the sandbox (really it is just a sled with sand in it) outside for her to play with, she stripped right down to her birthday suit and told me she was ready. She is truely an amazing soul.


And Brenda... remember that book she got from the library for reading however many hours? One of the ideas that it gave Brenda was for a Mom and Brenda Spa Day. She keeps asking me when we are going to have our spa day. We went to the Thrift Store the other day looking for games and found a Spa Science Kit. It spouts such promises as "create your very own secret formulas" and "make foaming and frothing spa baths". And even this great schooling quote... "It's REAL Chemistry!" How could we go wrong. Now to find the time...


And also a charades game for little uns. That will be great for us. We could use some creativity. And also some practice doing things in front of people that we are not necessarily too comfortable with. Public speaking and really just being in the spotlight at all is out of my comfort zone. I never know how to approach this subject in a supporting way. This might be a good start.

No comments: