Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kalahari part 3



So here was our last day. We had been swapping presents with our Fairy Godparents and our Fairy Godchildren all week. We had been exhaustively swimming, sliding, relaxing in the indoor/outdoor whirl pools, surfing in the surf pool, barely eating or sleeping. We had been to so many fun shops that we were barely hanging on. Kids were getting crabby, but no one wanted to stop.

Day 4: We woke up late, and spent the day at the waterpark. I wanted to do the Belly Dancing fun shop but I couldn't get the girls to go along with it. What I really wantd to do was the Paper Bag Scrapbook fun shop at 2:30. I worked really hard to get the kids there. They were dragging their feet, eating slow, walking slow, etc. Finally we got down to the conference area to head late to the workshop. Brenda and Bret connect with some friends at the bottom of the stairs and leave me. I figure Marley and I will go together without the older girls so I start prodding Marley along. Halfway down the hall we meet a group of girls playing with American Girl Dolls. Marley stops in her tracks and won't leave. The older girls invite her to stay. I figure that is it for me and I sit down nearby to knit while Marley plays. But the girls soon leave. There is still time so I drag Marley on toward the room. When we get to the room there is another group of girls huddled around a big glass table in the hallway with all their Webkinz pets discussing older sisters who are abusing their Webkinz. Marley stops again and refuses to budge. So I leave her there to play with those girls and head into the Paperbag Scrapbook room alone. The girls eventually all joined me to make some, but I had so much fun without them. I am so glad I didn't miss it!

I will talk about the ballroom dance later. After Paperbag Scrapbooking we went up to the room to spend our $20 gift card on some mediocre pizza and over priced pop. (But then again that is why we bring all our own food.)

No comments: