Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sledding on the Hills


Here are the girls getting ready for sledding this year. It was extremely cold and I couldn't bring myself to go with them. It seems the older I get, the harder it is to deal with the cold weather. Luckily Bret was willing to put on his warmy hunting gear and sit out there while the girls plummetted down to their death at Vine Street park. They were there way past dark with tons of other kids. I had hot chocolate waiting, with marshmallows of course.

A week later, I got a call from my friend Jennifer, whose daughter Miranda is in Brenda's Girl Scout troop. It turns out she was sledding with Mariah, a girl from Bret's troop, and flipped over funny, fracturing her spine. She was in the hospital for days, at home for over a week, and will be in a brace for the rest of the month at least. We have rescheduled our museum overnight, due to her injury. She was not the only person in the hospital at that time with sledding injuries.

Always sled safely...

No comments: