Friday, December 28, 2012

Small Conversations

Marley came to me today with her new American Girl Doll and said she was going to put her hair into a poni tail. I told her not to do it. She did it anyway. Then she brought Julie (the doll) to me and said, "See? Doesn't she look good this way?" I said she looks like a girl who's mom isn't following the rules of don't put her hair up in a pony tail. As she walked away, I added, "And she does look really good."

Marley came back a little while later and showed me Julie again. "Doesn't she look good?" So I told her again, "she looks like the same girl who's mom doesn't want to follow the rules." And shrugged and told me, as she was walking down the hall, "There are no rules for being beautiful, Mom."

There sure aren't.



The other Julie conversation happened a few days ago. The day after Christmas, actually. (A little background: Dad was supposed to take her to Chicago in October to buy Julie, but it didn't happen.) Marley jumped up onto our bed and told us, since Santa Claus (yes, we let our kids believe...) gave her Julie for free, we could take her to Chicago to buy her a different AGD for her. Doh!

No comments: