Saturday, November 14, 2009

When I Got Home and the Leaves





When I got home, Marley was missing me so much. We had brought her back a bag of plastic fish and water creatures. She wanted to play immediately. I was so busy getting things ready for the aquarium tour that she missed out on spending time with me. So we played in the leaves together over at the school this morning.

I want to add that a couple days ago we went over to the school (during school hours) where they had piled up their leaves on the parking lot and played in the leaves while we were walking the dog. The man from the school who had piled the leaves yelled at us for potentially messing up his PILE OF LEAVES, addressing us as "HEY HEY HEY" which I thought was totally rude. But regardless that brings up a point. Since WHEN ARE LEAVES GARBAGE?? When I grew up we would just mow the leaves down into the ground and they became part of the ground. Why do these people in this town sweep all their leaves to the end of the street to be sucked up by the community leaf sucking machine? And why do we have a leaf sucking machine? And why are leaves, which are a natural part of the self-cycling world that we live in, considered a nusence? And are you going to yell at the parent of a 3 year old who just wants to play and have fun in a pile of leaves, when clearly a single semi-strong wind can do more damage with your precious pile. And really, can you call it DAMAGE to mess up a pile of LEAVES?

So I feel the urge to update everyone on this precious pile of leaves. It has been two days now and no one has come to pick up these piles of leaves that the school collected. Thank goodness that there hasn't been much wind.

No comments: