Thursday, January 8, 2009

New meaningless Schoolboard Quote across the street

Where are the pictures you say? I am usually filling the blog with colorful pictures of our daily happenings. Bret is holding my camera hostage in his car. But he will be bringing it in tomorrow morning for me, bright and early. Little Bret has her co op in the morning, then we are off to go camping with the troops. Me and 15 other tinnie bopper girls locked in a lodge together. Can it possibly be a good thing?? Well anyway, I won't be around for a few days.

So if you are waiting for lots of colorful bloggings, you will have to wait. OOOOOH but, although I don't have the camera today, the school across the street has another new meaningless schoolboard quote posted on their billboard outside!!!

Drumroll please!!!!

"A book worth reading, is a book worth buying."

I will take a picture of it if I can in the next week or so. They got this BRAND SPANKIN new schoolboard and this is how they pay the PTA back? Really. I would be insulted if I helped pay for this school board being used in such a useless way. Inspire someone, won't you.

Last month's was... "Before you can do anything, first you must dream." Really?

Now I must come up with an equally useless schoolboard quote for my blog. Give me some time. I will have to work at this one. Keep checking back. I will update it soon!

And I like the school too. Last year, I volunteered to be a mentor. I wanted to do it again, but my boys aren't available to keep an eye out for the girls during the day anymore. It is nothing against the school. But really, who is letting someone post these things? There are thousands of perfectly inspiring quotes to choose from out there... Mother Teresa, Einstein, Thoreau, etc. Let someone else make up the quote please. PLEASE!

No comments: