Friday, January 23, 2009

Drumming Circle

Yes it is that time of the month again. Where we circle around eachother and create power and strength around ourselves. Well really this month is more about scheduling the next year of drumming circling and... whatever else we women do... Here are a couple pictures that remind me of our group, since I am in the mode of artists right now.



This painting by Monica Steward, entitled Unity, reminds me of the charge I get from these spiritual gatherings of women. We all create this energy and strength around us. The energy we conjour up when we are at circle carries over through my life for days to come. In a home brimming with testosterone like mine is, these circles help to center me.



For a long time, I had forgotten this part of me. Kinda put it away to live "life", so to speak. Whenever I forget to remember the magic that keeps me alive and happy, I get it back when I am back around that spiritual energy. This painting by Kalidou Kassé is entitled Dancers. It inspires that magic back into me to remember that this is the important part of my life. The wild crazy dancing music silly I-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks self.

1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

I'm so lucky - we just returned from the UWWG, and my women's circle is retreating this weekend so I'm off to join them tomorrow morning early! What I get out of my community of women is beyond words.