Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Painting Idea





While we were in the craft room the other day molding clay into bowls, I was inspired to put a painting activity together. They are always asking me if they can paint. I painted a bunch of old canvases black and set them aside to dry. The next day I brought out three colors of acrylic paints and some foam shapes to use for stamping. These are what we created. The first one was Bret's. I think it kind of looks like a bird. The flowers are mine. The third one with the squiggly shapes was Brenda's. Originally she had big plans for it. Then she made a mistake, took a piece of napkin and smeared the red all over the place in a fit of frustration. In the end I had to send her away to calm down. It is an issue we have been having. But I got this idea for the squiggly lines because I thought the red she smeared looked so cool that there needed to be a design added to it. So I added the lines, which Brenda decided later we should try to do again soon. Marley too the paint and the foam pieces and stuck everything to the canvas in her own creative way.

No comments: