Sunday, October 7, 2012

A New Kind of Sleepover


Marley has gone to two "sleepovers" to this date. They both looked similar. The girls had a great time. They played and stayed up late, put their pj's on, watched tv, had snacks, then when it was time to go to sleep I get the call. "I will be right over."

So when Marley asked if she could have her friend, J, come over and spend the night, I got on the phone with her mom, who informed me she was having card night at her brother's appartment with family. I told her, why don't I pick J up and she can hang out here until you are done with card night and you can pick her up. Well that was going to be around midnight. It was perfect! The sleepover would end when all good sleepovers end at that age, WHEN IT IS TIME FOR BED.

So J came over and the girls played, which freed me up to help process the meat of the deer my husband had killed the day before. They laid in bed watching tv with snacks. And when it was time to wind down for the "night", there was J's mom, ready for a pickup. We all went back into our bed together like usually snuggly and warm for a good night's rest. No 2 o'clock call and quick still-in-my-slippers pick-up. Just a good night's sleep.

No comments: