Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Camp Time Again

Every Year Brenda and Bret head out to Girl Scout camp for a week. This is their third year going away to summer camp. This year Brenda went to horse camp, against my better judgement because I thought it would be less than her expectations. Bret went away to a camp called Peddles and Paddles. Brend learned how to groom and ride a horse, which she assured me was better than my expectations. Bret took a one day canoe ride and rode her bike to a campout 13 miles each way. They make a ton of friends, they do all kinds of things they know I would not approve of, and they come back giddy with excitement. Of course:-)

This year Marley was finally old enough to do a camp. She and I attended Me and My Gal camp which is a two day, one night camp for girls and their mom, grandma, aunt, etc. Mostly it is moms, and over half are leaders. We canoed, swam in the lake and the pool, played a ton of girl scout games, learned some songs, ate smores, made vases, sit-upons, and pudding art with our tongues. We made new friends and had a great time together.

Here are some photos Marley and I took from the experience. She had the camera most of the time. This was one of Bret's favorite camps. I highly recommend this kind of a camp for all girls and their Gals. It is the ultimate camp experience for a little un who doesn't want to leave home alone, yet still wants to camp. It is time together without the other kids for just a small time. For us to make our own special memories.



 

No comments: