Saturday, September 25, 2010

Circle at Camp Kern

My drumming circle got together for September to be our wild daring selves at Camp Kern. No drums or rattles. Just a bunch of fearless devilish wild women (and a select few men, as well) climbing poles, standing on tight ropes high up on trees in the forest...



So, yeah, I am afraid of heights. Not so much when I was younger. I rode all the roller coasters and boasted that I wasn't too scared to do anything at the 7 Flags near my town. But since having kids, my stomach gets sick just swinging on swings too high. This was a little scary for me. But here I am, high up in the sky doing all kinds of things I wouldn't have believed I would do.



Funny enough when I signed up to go do this with my friends, I was excited and didn't really think ahead to what it meant to do this activity.



What was high ropes, I didn't really know. The Tango Tower, why I had never even heard of it until I showed up at Camp Kern ready for adventure. I conquered my fear. We did all nine obstacles on the high ropes. The first 3 were really scary. After that I remembered that I wasn't going to die even if I slipped. And I reminded myself to enjoy the ride. Then I did.



So glad I was there. So glad I have a great circle of friends. I wanted to take Brenda with me, but sometimes she can't decide whether or not to face her fears. Maybe when she is a bit older.

No comments: