Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brenda and I Take to the Road



So my sister has been placed in a home run by nuns. I thought to take a small trip to see her and spend some time with her. It has been years since I have been back to Illinois. Not wanting to drive the distance alone, and after my friend who was going to travel with me had to change her plans, Brenda and I took the trip together.



So we got up early and took the 6 hour drive up to see my sister's new home. Then we headed straight out of there and to Lake Michigan for some fun in the sun.



It has been years since we have been around sand (not including the sand box at the museum of course). When judged... my castle won. But don't tell Brenda that. lol.



What did Brenda have to say? The water was SOOOOO cold. But she and my sister got in anyway. Me? No way. I already know when I get that cold that I can't lose the chill for days. It was winter in the water over there. I am too used to our nice warm pool.



On Sunday we visited a Unity Church in Des Plaines IL. Afterwards there was a concert/cook-out. We stayed. This is us with Lena from Russia. She was wonderful fun! The service? Reverend Gregory Barrette was amazing. I would never skip a Sunday if I could hear him talk each time. So inspiring. He truely seems to live what he says. I was told that he is that way every service. I want to go back. If you live around there, GO GO GO. I love to attend a service that makes me want to be better than I was when I left.

We headed next to a movie. We wanted Eclipse but we couldn't find it anywhere at the right time for us. Instead we saw Dispicable Me. I loved it. Brenda too. My sister (who is a much bigger movie-goer than we) didn't care for it much. Maybe we were just romanced by the big screen and popcorn.

Then off to take the long journey home.

No comments: