Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Yum Yum


There is an issue being put on the ballot about the treatment of farm animals in Ohio. It is gruesome and sad. I am not about "saving" the animals, but what I see makes me physically sick. That said, here is our dinner tonight...

Yesterday afternoon, I had lunch with a good friend. We went to Aquarius Star, yum yum, and chatted for something like 4-1/2 hours. We had Cucumber Gazpacho soup and black bean taco salad. I haven't tried to recreate the gazpacho yet (not because it wasn't amazingly delicious, I assure you.) However, this is my recreation of the taco salad, except my Goddess dressing isn't near as fabulous as theirs was, so I just added a dollop of vegan sour cream. And notice our fresh home grown bed of lettuce that the chili sits upon. Brenda and Bret cleaned their plates! Bret even grilled us some corn and veggie kabobs while he was making his barbq ribs and steak. lol.

No comments: