Sunday, October 4, 2009

Greatest unknown Homeschool Resource of the Week



These are Bret's Toy Lab creations.

M&M Girl Has the power of shooting M&M's at people. Putrid Pinkie makes people eat their veggies. Her hair turns brown is the cold and pink when breathed upon by warm breath. BuzzWrestlerYear speaks for itself. lol.

Ok Here we go. Now I don't have a Homeschool resource of the week really but this is a fabulous amazing spectacular experience. First I should say that we attend a pottery program through a company called Happen once a week. It is a community outreach program. I am sure I have mentioned it before. Through Happen we found out about this community outreach program that where kids 10-15ish could take a photography class and learn about community outreach through their photography. So I signed Brenda up for that while Bret and I take the pottery class together. Through Happen I learned about their Happen Toy Lab. Now this is the coolest place of all. For $15.00 a child can take 7 broken and taken-apart toy parts to invent their own toy(s). The Toy Lab workers take the pieces and turn them into the toy that the kids want it to be. The kids name their creation and give it super powers and take their super power guy home.

WELLLLLLL, P & G recently gave Happen a grant so that they could provide 9 or 10 months of Toy Lab for free. That is right folks I said FREE. My Brownie troop went today as our October Outing. It was soo much fun. And I have scheduled Brenda to come with me alone for our special time. I cannot say enough about the people who run these programs. They are animated, fun, and make each experience we have a blessing.

Check it out at http://www.happeninc.org/toylab_index.html

It is a blast of a deal at $15.00. It is amazing for free!!!!

No comments: