Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The End of your Rainbow...





After such a great time at the waterpark. From one or two times I was a little peeved that my husband didn't want to join us. Number one it would have made this experience I wanted the kids to have easier on me. Number two it would have improved the quality of time I could spend with the kids. Number 3 we could have spent some good time together as well. But then I remember what I am learning, that I do what I want for my reasons, and I really cannot be happy if I don't let him do the same. And so that makes me happy to remember that. After all he didn't want me to go at all. But I went because it was important to me. Anyway this trip was a good opportunity to remind myself what are my goals and is what I am doing right now helping me achieve them? I didn't get to do all the things I wanted to do. I didn't get to hear all the speeches that I wanted to hear and attend all the funshops. But one night Brenda couldn't go to sleep and we stayed up together watching tv and eating chips and dip. The next day we laughed about it. Once a friend offered to play with Marley so I could go to the waterpark with the girls to go on some water rides with them. We talked about how for now on every year, no matter where we go, we should take a girls trip like this for the fun of it. We really did have a great time together, even though we weren't always together.

So that brings me to the rainbows in the pictures. These, of course, are brought to us by National Geographic. Where are you when you see you rainbow? Where are you when you get to the end? And what is there waiting for you? Those are my unschooling thoughts for the day.

PS my camera is being held hostage by the fact that my family lost or maybe accidentally threw away the plug in to the computer. Bret promises that he will buy a new one this week, but I don't suppose he will. So I will no doubt bug him until he takes me out to get one some time in the near future. I hope for more pictures of us soon.

No comments: