Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies


So you know far too many cookies have passed through my house when we are using them to cook. lol.

People have been telling us... I remember when they were $.50. And I remember when this and that. And I was a leader 35 years ago for my girls. I got a hold of an original 1920's cookie recipe from when the Girl Scouts actually baked the cookies they sold.

Time has changed since then. I remember loving Thin Mints when I was little. I don't know how much they costed at the time. They just showed up in the house I guess. Right? Anyway here is a recipe we used to make Thin Mint Chocolate Cheesecake.

Instant Cheesecake mix. I followed directions for making the crust. Instead of pressing the crust into a pie pan, I pressed it into cupcake cups. Then I made the cheesecake as directed except I used chocolate milk (since I had no white milk) and turned it into chocolate cheesecake. I topped it with crushed thin mint cookies. We all love it. Next time I will mix the cookies into the cheesecake instead of putting them on top. It will make it easier to eat.

No comments: